Acts chapter 15 - questions for discussion
- Why was circumcision an issue?
Acts 15:1-2; Leviticus 12:13
- What was wrong with the teaching on circumcision that some people were teaching?
- What practical steps were taken by the church to sort out the disagreements over circumcision?
- What does this teach us about solving disagreements - among ourselves, within the church or between leaders? Acts 15:5-35
- The Jewish culture helped contribute to the misunderstanding about circumcision (Exodus 4:18-29). How can our culture (and understanding of life) affect the way we interpret the Bible?
- How can we guard against ?reading our culture into the bible??
- The disagreement within the church was doctrinal (15:1), Barnabas and Paul?s falling out became very emotional (15:36-41). Why is it hard to settle disagreements when they become very emotional? What is the best way to deal with them?
- Share some of the things you have gained from this study?