Epigram On Prayer
- Prayer is not overcoming God?s reluctance, it is laying hold of His highest willingness.
- The only footprints on the sands of time, that will really last, are the ones made after knee-prints!
C. W. Renwick
- Tennyson: More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
- Seven days without prayer makes one weak.
The Bible Friend
- Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused.
C. H. Spurgeon
- Moody: A man who prays much in private will make short prayers in public.
- When the outlook is bad, try the uplook!
- Martin Luther set apart his three best hours for prayer.
- George Muller said that the most important part of prayer was the fifteen minutes after he had said Amen.
- Prayer gives you courage to make the decisions you must make in crisis and then the confidence to leave the result to a Higher Power.
- The best prayers have often more groans than words.
- In prayer it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart.
Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations