1. What do you think prompted the younger son to ask for his portion of his fathers wealth?
- Proverbs 3:5-7. Could we make a similar mistake?
2. What do you think tormented the son most - the fact that he had spent all his money or the famine ?
3. From being a rich man's son to feeding swine - sounds like falling from grace to grass. Any lessons for us here?
4. What made him return to his father - his love for his father or hunger pains?
5. Was he expecting much from his father on returning?
6. Why do you think his father spotted him from a far off? Does this tell us anything about our heavenly father?
7. What does it mean to repent?
- Verse 21
8. Why do you think there was rejoicing?
- Matthew 18:13-14
9. The elder brother was not amused with the rejoicing? Do you think he had been having parties?
10. How can we be Christians but still deny ourselves of our heavenly fathers riches? What are the dangers of this?